One Board Game Inventor's Quest

Aloha!
I'm honored you are here reading my ramblings. I am a first time board game inventor trying to break into the billion-dollar toy and game industry. This is my blog, sharing with you all that I learn along the way. Wish me luck and feel free to interact with me!

Mahalo! ("Thanks" in Hawaiian)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Toy Broker

This blog is response to all the great feedback I received for my previous blog, Finding the Best Toy & Game Broker/Agent.


Today, I contacted Michael Marra from Marra Design Associates, LLC and I told him about how many of you were asking about him. This is why I really like the guy - we had about a 40 minute conversation on the phone about the toy and game industry; getting feedback about my idea to put my board game on the TV show called, "Shark Tank"; and games that he's created that have done well and others that did not. He's very genuine and really seems to love what he does with a sincere desire to help give people the best advice and direction.

What separates Marra Design from other Toy and Game Brokers is that they do not take your game to toy fairs and try to pitch your game or toy to major toy companies. Michael explained that this is because the major toy companies are at the toy fair to attract buyers to buy their latest and greatest products. (This makes sense, because I remember when I once attended the New York Toy Fair and Mattel and Hasbro had their areas sealed off and only open to buyers, not inventors.)  Instead, because Marra Design has been bringing new Toy and Game products to market and for the past 22 years, buyers from major toy and game companies come to him!

For those of you that want the contact information for Marra Design, here you go! (Tell him Luis Aponte from "Treasure Hold 'Em" and "Global Quest" sent you!) Michael is a good guy and I think you will have a good experience with him. Good luck!

Marra Design and Associates
Website:  http://www.marradesign.com/
Phone: (952) 937-8141
Fax: (952)934-1180
Email: mda1mike@aol.com
Address: 7007 Dakota Ave., Chanhassen, MN 55317

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete