One Board Game Inventor's Quest

Aloha!
I'm honored you are here reading my ramblings. I am a first time board game inventor trying to break into the billion-dollar toy and game industry. This is my blog, sharing with you all that I learn along the way. Wish me luck and feel free to interact with me!

Mahalo! ("Thanks" in Hawaiian)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Film Agent and New Movie!

Aloha everyone!
My deepest apologies for not writing for so long. A lot has happened since I have last posted a blog on my site. Someone was kind enough to write to me recently and remind me that I have not written any updates in awhile, which of course motivated me to get back on the ball!

Where to begin?! I have a few announcements that are long overdue!

In case you were wondering about my last blog, no my friend Emily and I did not make it to the last selection round of Ford's "Escape Routes" reality show. Oh well. It would have been a lot of fun, but I'm over it. Pushing forward! However, I am thrilled to announce that I self-published my nonfiction eBook about gas prices, alternative fuels and cars. It's called, “Death of a Gas Guzzler” and it is now available on Smashwords.com, iTunes, Barnes and Noble, Sony Reader, Kobo eBooks, and Diesel eBook Store for only $1.99!

My 2nd HUGE announcement is that I am now producing and raising money for my first documentary film based on my non-fiction eBook called, “Gas Prices: A Love Story”. The project is up on Kickstarter.com right now and I desperately need YOUR help to get this movie made! There’s only a few weeks left to raise the money we need and I am giving away gifts to everyone who donates. I have worked in the film and television industry for about four years and it’s time to finally make my own projects that I am passionate about and make a name for myself in the film industry. I want to take you all along on my journey, so make sure to also follow me on www.DeathOfAGasGuzzler.com; my Facebook fan page; my 2nd YouTube page; and my Twitter page.

My 3rd announcement that I am excited to share with you is that, during my blogging hiatus, my best friend and I wrote a feature-length hacker screenplay, partially based on true events (because he is a White hat hacker), and partially based on plausible future cyber threats. I cannot give any spoilers about the screenplay, but I will say that it was a lot of fun writing this movie. My best friend and I flew to Los Angeles to shop it around to different film production companies. We now have an agent that is reviewing our movie script and is very interested in representing and finding a buyer for us! Keep your fingers crossed for us. I’m incredibly thrilled and nervous at the same time!

As you can see, it’s been a busy year so far and YES, I want to get back to finding a way to self-produce my two board games, “Global Quest” and “Treasure Hold ‘Em”. Most of all, I still want to find my lost student in China, Ding Mei, even though the last investigator I hired was unsuccessful.

Within the next couple of months, I plan to create another Kickstarter project just for my board games and to hire another investigator to keep looking for my lost student in nearby major cities, such as Shanghai, China. I promise to keep you posted!

Mahalo (thank you) for the great support!

Warm regards,
Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment