One Board Game Inventor's Quest

Aloha!
I'm honored you are here reading my ramblings. I am a first time board game inventor trying to break into the billion-dollar toy and game industry. This is my blog, sharing with you all that I learn along the way. Wish me luck and feel free to interact with me!

Mahalo! ("Thanks" in Hawaiian)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

15 Lbs of Hair!!!

A few days ago, I drove around my city visiting barber shops and salons to see if they would donate hair (that would otherwise go into the trash) to help out with the oil spill clean-up. A non-profit company called, "Matter of Trust" has a few locations in Florida where they stuff the hair in women's stockings to create "booms". The booms are then dragged along the ocean's surface and effectively collects the oil that is spilling throughout the gulf.

Today, I just mailed 15 lbs of hair for the oil spill cleanup to: Hair Boom Program, Ikaros Aviation, Inc., 8301 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050.

They said they are having a beach clean-up this weekend to search for traces of oil near the Florida Keys. If you have the means and a few hours of time, I encourage you to go around your local area to collect freshly cut, clean, and dry hair to donate as well. If you do, make sure to save your receipt because you may be able to write the postage off for taxes, since they are a non-profit company.

P.S. Let me know how it goes!

Mahalo! (Thanks!)
~Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment