One Board Game Inventor's Quest

Aloha!
I'm honored you are here reading my ramblings. I am a first time board game inventor trying to break into the billion-dollar toy and game industry. This is my blog, sharing with you all that I learn along the way. Wish me luck and feel free to interact with me!

Mahalo! ("Thanks" in Hawaiian)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Board Game Awards

As I am looking for ways to introduce my board game inventions to the industry, I am reminded about those "award" stickers you may often see featured on the packaging of your favorite game. This often gives the game a sense of prestige, clout, and public approval. There are a variety of awards you can apply for, such as Games 100, International Gamers Awards, Mensa Mind Games, Spiel des Jahres, Board Game Geek: Golden Geek, and Major FUN awards.

One of the sites I came across today that allows you submit your request for their seal of approval online is The National Parenting Center: Seal of Approval. Every company has different guidelines, but if you have invented a game of your own, it may be worth your time to boost your appeal by trying out for one of these. If you do win, please let me know so I can congratulate you on this site! Best of luck!

Luis
www.GlobalQuestGame.com

No comments:

Post a Comment